Location: Southern/Eastern Denmark and Bornholm
Event: The Danish Meteorological Service has issued severe weather warnings for high winds (up to 55 miles per hour) and elevated water levels (up to 8 feet) in coastal areas of southern and eastern Denmark and Bornholm through October 21. Expect strong winds, possible flooding, and travel delays.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor local news for updates (TV2 and DR).
- Follow evacuation orders issued by municipal authorities.
- Review the Danish Meteorological Service’s forecasts and warnings.
- U.S. Embassy Copenhagen, Denmark, Dag Hammarskjölds Allé 24, During business hours: +45 3341-7100, After business hours: +45 3341-7400. https://dk.usembassy.gov/
- Email: CopenhagenACS@state.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs +1 888-407-4747 or +1 202-501-4444
- Kingdom of Denmark Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
To unsubscribe from these alerts, please visit: https://step.state.gov/STEP/Pages/Common/Subscribe.aspx