Renew an adult passport

IMPORTANT: The passport application form DS-82 does not require a visit to the Embassy, however, there is currently NO way for the Embassy to accept payments by mail nor electronically. Until a solution to this problem is approved by Department of State, you must submit your application to the Embassy in person, and you must make an appointment.

You may use this form if:

  • You can submit your most recent passport;
  • You hold a 10 year passport which was issued within the past 15 years; and
  • You are not requesting a change in the passport data, other than a name change due to marriage or divorce or court order for which you can submit official documentation (marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order) to support name change. If you have changed your name in Denmark, you need to provide the American Citizen Services Unit with a certificate of change of name (Navneændringsattest) issued by the local church office (sognekontor). Please note that the unit will not be able to accept a print out from your Nem-ID account.

If you do not meet these criteria please see “Apply for a Passport”

Please complete the entire form by typing or printing clearly in black ink. Be sure to sign and date the form where stated.

Submit the following items along with the completed form:

Passport Check-List:

  • Your passport
  • Passport application form DS-82 (PDF 90 KB)
  • One color passport photo 2” x 2” (5 x 5 cm) taken within the past 6 months; full face, frontal view against a plain white or off-white background. Danish passport size photos are not acceptable. For detailed information, please visit:
  • One copy of the data page of your previous U.S. passport
  • Self-addressed stamped envelope with 120 DKK in stamps
  • Fee:
    For children under 16 U.S. $ 115 (805.00 DKK)
    For users of DS-11 over 16 U.S. $ 145 (1015.00 DKK)
    For DS-82 U.S.$110 (770.00 DKK).

The fee can be paid in cash or credit card. The American Citizen Services Unit accepts both Danish kroner cash and U.S. Dollars.

All fees subject to change. Please allow three weeks for passport to be processed, as all passports are printed in the United States.

Applicants in Sweden should submit their application to the U.S. Embassy in Stockholm. Complete instructions for renewing a passport by mail in Sweden can be found at the U.S. Embassy Stockholm website.

If you have any questions, please send an e-mail to and include contact information.

Please follow the above instructions and disregard the instructions on the passport application form DS-82 as they do not apply outside the United States.