IMPORTANT: The passport application form DS-11 must be signed in front of a Consular Officer at the US Embassy. In order to sign the form in front of a Consular Officer, one must make an appointment to visit the U.S. Embassy.
This form is for applicants who:
- Cannot present their last passport (lost or stolen)
- Have never been issued a U.S. passport
- Hold a passport issued before the age of 16 or more than fifteen years ago
- Hold a five year passport
There are special instructions for passports for minors under 16. Please see “Apply for a passport for a minor”.
- Your passport, if you hold a passport issued more than fifteen years ago, and one copy
- Original U.S. Birth Certificate or original Consular Report of Birth Abroad and one copy
- Original Certificate of Naturalization and one copy
- Passport application form DS-11
- One color passport photo 2” x 2” (5 x 5 cm) taken within the past 6 months; full face, frontal view against a plain white or off-white background. Danish passport size photos are not acceptable. For detailed information, please visit: https://dk.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/passports/photos/
- Current Photo ID and one copy
- Self-addressed stamped envelope with 120 DKK in stamps (150 DKK if you live in Sweden)
For children under 16 U.S. $ 115 (805.00 DKK)
For users of DS-11 over 16 U.S. $ 145 (1015.00 DKK)
For DS-82 U.S.$110 (770.00 DKK).
The fee can be paid in cash or credit card. The American Citizen Services Unit accepts both Danish kroner cash and U.S. Dollars.