Lost & Stolen Passports

To replace a lost or stolen passport, please follow the below instructions:

Report the loss of the passport to the local police and obtain a copy of the police report. You must present the report at the Embassy. This applies to both lost and stolen passports.

You need to present proof of identity and proof of U.S. citizenship. Proof of identity should include your photo, which can be but is not limited to a driver’s license. Proof of citizenship can be  the original U.S. birth certificate or Consular Report of Birth Abroad, Certificate of Naturalization, Certificate of Citizenship, or an old canceled U.S. passport. If you cannot submit any of these documents, please contact the ACS Unit.

Passport Check-List:

  • Original Photo ID and one copy
  • Original evidence of citizenship and one copy
  • Passport application form DS-11
  • Passport application form DS-64
  • One color passport photo 2” x 2” (5 x 5 cm) taken within the past 6 months; full face, frontal view against a plain white or off-white background. Danish passport size photos are not acceptable. For detailed information, please visit our passport photo instructions page.
  • Self-addressed stamped envelope with 99 DKK in stamps if you are not applying for an emergency passport.
  • Fee:
    For children under 16 U.S. $ 115 (747.50 DKK)
    For users of DS-11 over 16 U.S. $ 145 (942.50 DKK)
    For DS-82 U.S.$110 (715.00 DKK).

The fee can be paid in cash or credit card. The American Citizen Services Unit accepts both Danish kroner cash and U.S. Dollars.

For children under age 16 there are additional requirements. For detailed information, please see Apply for a Passport for a Minor.