Amend your passport

Elimination of Visa Page Inserts for U.S. Passports

The U.S. Department of State will no longer add visa pages into U.S. passports beginning January 1, 2016. The decision to discontinue this service was made to enhance the security of the passport and to abide by international passport standards.

To mitigate the impact on frequent travelers, the Department began issuing 52-page passports to all applicants outside the United States starting October 1, 2014 for no additional cost. Applicants within the United States may choose a 28-page or 52-page book.

Elimination of Name Change Endorsements

The Embassy can no longer amend a passport through an endorsement to reflect a name change.

If your passport is less than a year old, the Embassy will issue you a replacement passport without charge. Please submit Form DS-5504, Passport Re-Application Form, the valid passport issued less than one year ago, two new passport photos, and evidence of the name change (original marriage certificate of name change decree) to the Embassy.

If your passport is more than a year old, you must submit to the Embassy a new passport application, including new photographs, and pay a new passport fee. Please include evidence of the name change (original marriage certificate or name change decree) with the application. If you have a ten-year passport, use Form DS-82; all other applicants should use Form DS-11; if the applicant is under 16 years of age, please follow the instructions for children’s passports.