The Department of State renewed its Travel Advisory for the Kingdom of Denmark on June 7, 2022. The Department continues to advise travelers to exercise increased caution when traveling in the Kingdom of Denmark.
Kingdom of Denmark – Level 2: Exercise Increased Caution (T)
Last Update: Reissued after periodic review with minor edits.
Exercise increased caution in the Kingdom of Denmark due to terrorism.
Country Summary: Terrorist groups continue plotting possible attacks in the Kingdom of Denmark. Terrorists may attack with little or no warning, targeting tourist locations, transportation hubs, markets/shopping malls, local government facilities, hotels, clubs, restaurants, places of worship, parks, major sporting and cultural events, educational institutions, airports, and other public areas.
Read the country information page for additional information on travel to the Kingdom of Denmark which includes the Faroe Islands and Greenland.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has determined Denmark and the Faroe Islands have a high level of COVID-19. The level of COVID-19 in Greenland is currently unknown. Visit the CDC page for the latest Travel Health Information related to your travel.
If you decide to travel to the Kingdom of Denmark:
- Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before planning any international travel, and read the Embassy COVID-19 page for country-specific COVID-19 information.
- Be aware of your surroundings when traveling to tourist locations and crowded public venues.
- Follow the instructions of local authorities.
- Monitor local media for breaking events and adjust your plans based on new information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Country Security Report for Denmark.
- Prepare a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
- U.S. Embassy Copenhagen, Denmark, Dag Hammarskjölds Allé 24, During business hours: +45 3341-7100, After business hours: +45 3341-7400. https://dk.usembassy.gov/
- Email: CopenhagenACS@state.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs +1 888-407-4747 or +1 202-501-4444
- Kingdom of Denmark Country Information and Denmark COVID-19 Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.