The Youth Council’s goal is to give a diverse group of young people throughout the Kingdom of Denmark a voice and forum to share ideas with U.S. diplomatic officials, to build a stronger relationship between our countries.
We are looking for highly motivated young leaders from various fields, either students or working, with a keen interest in international affairs and civic engagement, and a broad understanding of the needs of young people in Denmark, Greenland and the Faroe Islands.
As a member of the Youth Council, you will have a chance to serve as advisor providing young people’s perspectives on important issues and help design youth-oriented programs and events to be undertaken by the U.S. Embassy and Consulate.
We are looking for individuals who are:
- 18 – 25 years old
- Willing to engage with diplomatic officials and share views and opinions
- Ready to take an active role in the launch and development of the Youth Council and implementation of activities
- Residents of Denmark, Greenland, or the Faroe Islands
- Experienced with international affairs or civic engagement as proven through educational, professional, or volunteer accomplishments
- Eager to contribute to dialogue on priority topics and themes, such as sustainability, democracy, diversity, innovation, and entrepreneurship
Reach out today to apply to the youth council
If you fit the above profile and are interested in learning more about how to become a member of our new Youth Council, please email us at CopenhagenIRC@state.gov for more information on next steps. Deadline is April 1, 2022.
Please note: Membership in the Youth Council is voluntary, and no benefits or compensation is offered.