U.S. Embassy Copenhagen informs U.S. citizens that local media reports Scanlines operated ferries traveling from Denmark to Germany are being held at port due to an ongoing threat investigation. Scanlines operates ferries out of the Rodby, Gedser, and Helsinger ports. U.S. citizens should monitor local media for further information.
U.S. citizens in Denmark are reminded, in general, that if at any time you feel threatened or in danger, please call the Danish authorities immediately by dialing 1-1-2 for emergency service response from Danish police, rescue, and fire departments.
For further detailed information regarding Denmark and travel:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Denmark Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Denmark, located at Dag Hammarskjolds Alle 24 in Copenhagen, at +3341-7100 or by email at CopenhagenACS@state.gov. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +3341-7400.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.