U.S. Embassy Copenhagen
September 27, 2016
The U.S. Embassy in Copenhagen informs U.S. citizens that on Tuesday, September 27, from 2025 hours to 2300 hours there will be a Champions League football game between FC Copenhagen and Club Brugge at the Parken Stadium. Spectators will start arriving at the stadium late this afternoon.
Expect increased pedestrian traffic near the city center and on both sides of Dag Hammarskjölds Allé. There will also be increased vehicular traffic around the stadium before and after the game. Please maintain situational awareness while in these areas.
Due to a violent history between the fans, the Danish Police have established a “Visitation Zone” around Parken Stadium, which ends on Wednesday, September 28, 2016 at 1200. The “Visitation Zone” allows police to conduct personal searches of individuals.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Denmark Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Denmark, located at Dag Hammarskjolds Alle 24 in Copenhagen, at +3341-7100 or by email at CopenhagenACS@state.gov. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +3341-7400.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time,Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.