January 20, 2017
On Friday, January 20, demonstrations protesting U.S. politics are expected to take place across from the U.S. Embassy from 0730 to 0900 and 1600 to 1800. Additional demonstrations are also scheduled at 1600 at Dronning Louises Bro (Queen’s bridge) and at 1700 at Østerport Train Station.
Even demonstrations intended to be peaceful may become confrontational and escalate into violence. Police will be present during the demonstration. Please maintain situational awareness and avoid large gatherings whenever possible.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Denmark Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Denmark,located at Dag Hammarskjolds Alle 24 in Copenhagen, at +3341-7100 or by email at CopenhagenACS@state.gov. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +3341-7400.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.