Location: Albertslund, Copenhagen, Denmark
Event: Copenhagen Police report an increase in gun violence in Albertslund, part of Greater Copenhagen. According to police, over the past week, there have been six shootings in Western Copenhagen, to the north of Roskildevej between Albertslund and Taastrup. The perpetrators have shot into houses, at bystanders from moving vehicles, and at close range on foot. There have been two victims who are being treated at the hospital. Police believe the shootings are connected but have not confirmed if they are gang related as of yet.
Copenhagen Police have instituted a stop-and-search zone in this area. The ordinance allows police officers to stop anyone within the area without probable cause and search their person. A mobile police station has been opened in the area. The new implementation shall last until May 1st.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Exercise caution if in the vicinity of these areas.
- Keep a low profile
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Review your personal security plans
- U.S. Embassy Copenhagen, Denmark
+ 3341-7400 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Denmark Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
- To unsubscribe to these messages please visit https://step.state.gov/STEP/Pages/common/Subscribe.aspx.