Event: An increase in stabbing incidents was reported in Northwest Copenhagen, Nørrebro, and Frederiksberg between December 24 and 27. In response, Danish Police established “Search Zones” (“visitationszoner” in Danish) in Åboulevard, Ågade, Bispebjergvej, Bispeengbuen, Borups Allé, Fredensgade, Haraldsgade, Hareskovvej, Lersø Parkallé, Orgelbyggervej, Rådvadsvej, Peblinge Dossering, Sortedam Dossering, Tagensvej, Tuborgvej, and Utterslevvej. In these zones police officers are permitted to stop and search persons without other cause. Police are required to identify themselves with a police badge.
Actions to Take:
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Follow instructions of police.
- Monitor the Danish Police website for more information, maps, and updates to the Search Zones.
- U.S. Embassy Copenhagen, Denmark, Dag HammarskjöldsAllé 24, During business hours: +45 3341-7100, After business hours: +45 3341-7400. https://dk.usembassy.gov/
- Email: CopenhagenACS@state.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs +1 888-407-4747 or +1 202-501-4444
- Kingdom of Denmark Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.