Location: Denmark, countrywide
Event: During the holiday season security measures in Denmark remain heightened due to ongoing threats posed by transnational terrorist organizations and individuals inspired by extremist ideology throughout Europe. Extremists continue to focus on tourist locations such as Christmas holiday markets, shopping malls, airports, clubs, restaurants, places of worship, transportation hubs, and other soft targets frequented by Westerners.
Actions to Take:
- Exercise additional vigilance at holiday festivals and events, places of worship, and locations with large crowds.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Copenhagen, Denmark
- +3341-7100 (business hours)
- +3341-7400 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Danish police, fire, and rescue emergency services: 1-1-2
- Denmark Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter