Check Your Passport Validity Before Fall Break!
The Fall Break (Efterårsferie) is fast approaching and you might be planning a trip. If you intend to travel in the coming months, please take a moment to check the expiration date of your passport and the passports of all family members. If your passport is expired, or will soon expire, you should renew your passport well in advance of planned travel to ensure sufficient time for processing.
Find passport application forms and detailed, step-by-step application instructions for submitting a passport application at the U.S. Embassy in Copenhagen on our website.
Skip the trip to the embassy! Most adult passports can be renewed by mail. Visit our website regarding renewals of adult passports to determine if you are eligible to use the renewal-by-mail option. If eligible, you can pay the passport application fees online by U.S. or international credit or debit card, electronic funds transfer from a U.S. based bank account, Amazon Pay, or PayPal. You are strongly encouraged to use the mail-in option if you are eligible.
Contact the American Citizen Services Unit by e-mail at CopenhagenACS@state.gov if you have questions.
We wish everyone a safe and healthy fall!
- U.S. Embassy Copenhagen, Denmark, Dag Hammarskjölds Allé 24, During business hours: +45 3341-7100, After business hours: +45 3341-7400.https://dk.usembassy.gov/
- Email: CopenhagenACS@state.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs +1 888-407-4747 or +1 202-501-4444
- Denmark Country Information and Denmark COVID-19 Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.