Event: Commercial Flights to U.S. Still Available: The U.S. Embassy in Copenhagen is tracking flight availability closely in an effort to provide U.S. citizens in the Kingdom of Denmark accurate, timely information. As of March 25, there are at least seven daily, commercial flight options from Copenhagen to European hubs with onward connections to the United States. The Department of State released a Global Level 4 Health Advisory on March 19 advising all U.S. citizens abroad who live in the United States to arrange for immediate return, unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period. If you wish to depart Denmark, you should contact your airline immediately to arrange commercial air travel home. If your travel has been disrupted due to flight cancellations, please contact your airline immediately to rearrange your booking. There are seats available on daily flights departing from Denmark.
U.S. Embassy Virtual Town Hall: On March 26, Ambassador Carla Sands will host a virtual town hall for American citizens in the Kingdom of Denmark at 11:00 (GMT +1) on Facebook Live. She will be joined by Consular Team Copenhagen to answer your questions on the evolving situation around COVID-19 and the Department of State’s Global Health Advisory Level 4, which advises U.S. citizens to not travel overseas. Follow U.S. Embassy Copenhagen on Facebook here to join.
Updates to Danish Government Guidelines: On March 23, the government of Denmark extended its restrictions on gatherings and retail businesses as well as the closure of schools and government offices to reduce the spread of COVID-19. These restrictions will remain in effect through April 13. Visit the Danish government COVID-19 website for updated information.
U.S. Embassy Operations: Effective March 17, U.S. Embassy Copenhagen has suspended routine consular services. For emergency American Citizen Services, including emergency passports, please visit our website for additional information. Due to reduced staffing at the U.S. Embassy in Copenhagen, you should call or e-mail us for emergency assistance.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- Call the Danish COVID-19 hotline if you are in Denmark and experiencing flu-like symptoms: +45 70 20 02 33.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations .
- Expect additional travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Denmark.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Copenhagen, Denmark
Dag Hammarskjölds Allé 24
2100 København Ø
During business hours: + 3341-7100
After business hours: + 3341-7400
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Denmark Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter