*Event: Scandinavian Airlines Flight from Stockholm to Newark Temporarily Cancelled
(NEW) Beginning April 1, Scandinavian Airlines (SAS) temporarily cancelled its direct flight from Stockholm, Sweden to Newark, New Jersey. Daily flight options with other air carriers from Denmark to the United States with connections through Amsterdam, Frankfurt, and London remain available. Book directly with the airline if you intend to return home.
Global Level 4 Health Advisory: The Department of State released a Global Level 4 Health Advisory on March 19 advising all U.S. citizens who live in the United States to arrange for immediate return, unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period. If the Kingdom of Denmark is your normal place of residence and you plan to remain here, avoid travel to other, third locations until the crisis is over. Countries continue to close borders with little to no advance notice to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, and you risk becoming stuck in a third country if you travel. If you wish to depart Denmark for the United States, you should contact your airline immediately to arrange commercial air travel home. If your travel has been disrupted due to flight cancellations, please contact your airline immediately to rearrange your booking.
Commercial Flights to U.S. Still Available: The U.S. Embassy in Copenhagen is tracking flight availability closely in an effort to provide U.S. citizens in the Kingdom of Denmark accurate, timely information. As of April 2, there are approximately five daily commercial flight options from Copenhagen to European hubs with onward connections to the United States: Amsterdam, Frankfurt, and London. There are seats available on daily flights departing from Denmark.
U.S. citizens transiting through Frankfurt or Amsterdam will not be allowed to leave the airport while transiting. They must stay at the airport between flights.
U.S. Embassy Operations: Effective March 17, U.S. Embassy Copenhagen has suspended routine consular services. For emergency American Citizen Services, including emergency passports, please visit our website for additional information. Due to reduced staffing at the U.S. Embassy in Copenhagen, you should call or e-mail us for emergency assistance.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- Call the Danish COVID-19 hotline if you are in Denmark and experiencing flu-like symptoms: +45 70 20 02 33.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Expect additional travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice.
- Visit theCOVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Denmark.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Copenhagen, Denmark
Dag Hammarskjölds Allé 24
2100 København Ø
During business hours: + 3341-7100
After business hours: + 3341-7400
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Denmark Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
*During this COVID-19 crisis U.S. Embassy Copenhagen will send a daily alert each weekday to keep U.S. citizens informed.