Demonstration Alert – U.S. Embassy Copenhagen, Denmark (May 11, 2018)
Location: Fredens Park (Fredensgade and Blegdamsvej, 2100 Copenhagen) and U.S. Embassy in Copenhagen (Dag Hammarskjölds Allé 24, 2100 København, Denmark)
A demonstration by the group Boykot Israel-Frit Palaestina will take place on Sunday, May 13, 2018 at 3:00 p.m. The event will begin at Fredens Park and move to the U.S. Embassy. Local authorities estimate that between 150 to 500 individuals will participate and that the demonstration is expected to be peaceful. Danish police will be present to monitor the event. Streets and transit may be blocked at various times.
U.S. government personnel are advised to avoid demonstrations and large gatherings.
Actions to Take:
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Avoid crowds.
- Review your personal security plans.
For further information:
- S. Embassy Copenhagen, Denmark
+ 3341-7400 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Denmark Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
- To unsubscribe to these messages please visit https://step.state.gov/STEP/Pages/common/Subscribe.aspx.