Location: Norrebro Neighborhood – Copenhagen, Denmark
Event: The U.S. Embassy in Copenhagen informs U.S. citizens that demonstrations are currently taking place at Blagards Plads in the Norrebro neighborhood of Copenhagen. The demonstrations have resulted in clashes between demonstrators and the Danish police. The police remain in the area and are closely monitoring the situation.
U.S. government personnel are advised to avoid the area during the demonstrations.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- U.S. Embassy Copenhagen, Denmark
During business hours: +3341-7100
After business hours: +3341-7400
State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444