Demonstration Alert: U.S. Embassy Copenhagen, Denmark – August 30, 2019
- Across the street from the U.S. Embassy – Copenhagen, Denmark
- The Kings New Square area (Kongens Nytorv) – Copenhagen, Denmark
- Danish parliament building in Christiansborg area – Copenhagen, Denmark
- Blagards Plads, Norrebro neighborhood – Copenhagen, Denmark
Event: Multiple demonstrations are scheduled throughout Copenhagen and across the street from the Embassy on Monday, September 2, 2019. There will also be a march from the Embassy to the Danish parliament building in the Christiansborg neighborhood of Copenhagen on Monday, September 2, 2019. As many as 3,000 people could participate in the march. The groups intend to protest various U.S. government policies. Danish police will be present to monitor all scheduled demonstrations.
The U.S. Embassy is closed on September 2 for a U.S. federal holiday.
Actions to Take:
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- U.S. Embassy Copenhagen, Denmark
During business hours: +3341-7100
After business hours: +3341-7400
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Danish police, fire, and rescue emergency services: 1-1-2
- Denmark Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter