Demonstration in Downtown Copenhagen on February 13, 2021
February 12, 2021
Event: A demonstration in protest of current health-related restrictions in Denmark, and to bring focus on the homeless and other fragile individuals, is scheduled to take place in central Copenhagen on Saturday, February 13, from 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. The demonstration has been organized by a group called Men in Black. The demonstration will take place at the Copenhagen Town Hall Square, Rådhuspladsen 1550. You should anticipate congestion in the city center on Saturday and plan accordingly. Some protests organized by this group in the past have escalated into violent confrontations. Several hundred people or more may attend. Local police will be present throughout the demonstration.
Actions to Take:
- Exercise caution if in the vicinity.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- Notify family and friends of your safety.
- U.S. Embassy Copenhagen, Denmark
During business hours: +3341-7100
After business hours: +3341-7400
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Danish police, fire, and rescue emergency services: 1-1-2
- Denmark Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter