Demonstration in Downtown Copenhagen on February 6, 2021
February 5, 2021
Event: A demonstration and march in protest of current health-related restrictions in Denmark is scheduled to take place on Saturday, February 6, beginning at 7:00 p.m. The demonstration will take place in central Copenhagen in and around Christiansborg Slotsplads. You should anticipate congestion in the city center on Saturday and plan accordingly. Several hundred people or more may attend. Local police will be present throughout the demonstration.
Actions to Take:
- Exercise caution if in the vicinity.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- Notify family and friends of your safety.
- U.S. Embassy Copenhagen, Denmark
During business hours: +3341-7100
After business hours: +3341-7400
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Danish police, fire, and rescue emergency services: 1-1-2
- Denmark Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter