Last updated: Oct 6, 2022
The CDC’s Order requiring proof of vaccination for non-U.S. citizen nonimmigrants to travel to the United States is still in effect. For more information see Requirement for Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Air Passengers.
Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions.
- There are no COVID-19 restrictions in Denmark. Visit the Danish government COVID-19 website (in English) for updates and for detailed information about travel to Denmark.
Entry and Exit Requirements:
- Are there COVID-related entry requirements for U.S. citizens? No
- Check the Danish government COVID-19 information page for the most up-to-date testing requirements.
- Visit the Danish government COVID-19 website in English.
Greenland: There are no restrictions on travel to Greenland. Medical facilities are limited in Greenland and medical evacuation is required for serious illness or injury. U.S. citizens who travel to Greenland should have medical insurance and supplemental medical insurance with medical evacuation coverage . The Greenlandic National Medical Office has additional information about COVID-19 in Greenland (available in Greenlandic and Danish). You can also call the Greenlandic COVID-19 Travel and Visitation Group for specific questions about travel to or within Greenland at +299 80 11 00.
Faroe Islands: The Faroe Islands follows the same general entry requirement rules as the Danish government. Visit the Faroe Islands government COVID-19 information page (in English) for more information.
- Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? No
- Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? No
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? Denmark: No; Greenland: No; Faroe Islands: No.
Private COVID-19 Testing Sites At Kastrup Airport:
- Airport Medical Clinic: Terminal 2 across check-in 102 on the 1st Floor
airportdoctor.dk (Book and pay online. PCR – Result after 45 min. Will test young children with same day results.)
- Business & Private Test Center: Amager Landevej 171, 2770 Kastrup
Pentabase.com (Book online. RT-PCR including certificate, Result after 2 hours. Will test young children with same day results.)
- Falck Test Centers at Copenhagen Airport
Other private clinics in Copenhagen:
- CopenhagenMedical COVID-19 testing sites.
- Waterfront Doctors perform PCR and antigen tests. Testing does not require CPR number nor NEM ID. If the person requires a medical certificate, the clinic uses the passport number. Results sent via e-mail. Prices vary by speed of results required. Testing available for younger children.
- Hospital Aleris-Hamlet – PCR and Antigen test aleris-hamlet.dk Test results are submitted via their app. They issue an electronic certificate. Testing does not require CPR number nor NEM ID. Prices vary by speed of results required.
- PrivatTest PCR and antigen test dk (test centers at Forum and Nordhavn metro stops) Result is sent electronically.
- Lægernes Vaccineklinik PCR and antigen test Lægernes Hurtigtest & Vaccineklinik(open on Saturdays and Sundays). Results sent electronically and can be obtained as an encrypted COVID-19 certificate. Prices vary by speed of results required.
In Funen and Jutland (Odense, Esbjerg, Aarhus, Aalborg):
- Pentabase Private laboratory – PCR and antigen test pentabase.com (open 7 days per week. Testing available for younger children.) Their PCR tests available in two hours. Prices vary by speed of results required.
On the Faroe Islands (Torshavn, Vagar Airport):
- Thetis coronatest – PCR test, book an appointment on coronatest.fo. Result sent by email or sms after 24 hours. Opening hours- flexible for appointments (call +298 791 804).
COVID-19 Vaccination Information:
- Are Vaccines available in Denmark for U.S. citizens to receive? Yes
- The COVID-19 vaccine is voluntary and free of charge for all persons age 5 and above. Visit the Danish Health Authority Information about COVID-19 Vaccination
- COVID-19 vaccine boosters are available to all who have been vaccinated 6 months or longer ago.
- Visit the FDA’s website to learn more about FDA-approved vaccines in the United States
- coronasmitte.dk (In English) https://politi.dk/en/coronavirus-in-denmark
- coronasmitte. dk (In Danish) https://politi.dk/coronavirus-i-danmark
- Danish Health Authority https://www.sst.dk/en/English/Corona-eng/FAQ
- COVID-19 Information and Resources in the Faroe Islands (in English) https://corona.fo/?_l=en
- COVID-19 Information and Resources in Greenland (in English) https://corona.nun.gl/en/
- Metrics regarding COVID-19 in the Kingdom of Denmark from Statens Serum https://en.ssi.dk/
- Danish Patient Safety Authority (In English) https://en.stps.dk/en/
- COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov
- CDC page on COVID-19