The U.S. Regional Environmental Office and the U.S. Consulate in Nuuk of the U.S. Department of State announces an open competition for organizations to submit applications to carry out a program (or project) to promote environmental protection and combat climate change, science collaboration, or health cooperation in Greenland.
Total Amount Available: Up to $20,000
Deadline for Applications: April 28, 2021
Funding is available for programs that have one or more of the following themes:
- Capacity building for scientific research on environmental issues
- Environment or health-related education
- Combatting climate change
- Maintaining biodiversity and healthy ecosystems
- Deployment of new technology for application to environmental issues
- Adaptation to changing environmental conditions
- Waste management, including land-based sources of marine pollution
- Air quality
- Watershed management
- Creation and/or management of marine protected areas
- Sustainable agriculture and/or fisheries
Examples of programs could include digitizing science education curriculum, promoting resilience through community-level engagements, or combatting land-based sources of marine pollution. Grant funds could be used for rental of digitizing equipment, development of a web platform, travel expenses and honoraria for U.S. experts, as well as staff hours.
For instructions and information on how to complete and submit the grant application, please download the OES Small Grants Application Instruction Package
Please download the OES Small Grants Application Form to access and fill out the grants proposal form.
If you have technical questions about the application process, please contact CopenhagenESTH2@state.gov